Viewing entries from category: Romance
- Directed by Stephen Frears
- Shot on location in Dorset and at Pinewood Studios
- Adapted screenplay by Moira Buffini (Jane Eyre, 2011) from a Graphic Novel by Posy Simmonds (The Guardian). Ready made Storyboard.
- Produced by BBC Films (Exec Production), Ruby Films (Production Company) and West End Films (Sales Agents/Casting)
- Ruby Films (Fish Tank 2009, Jane Eyre 2011) are an independent production company that specialise in literary adaptations
- West End Films are sales...
- Director – Joe Wright (Pride and Prejudice): experience of big budgets, high production values and of the genre Costume Melodrama. Novel written by Ian McKewan (critically successful author)
- Genre Costume Melodrama – critically and commercially successful (‘safe’ genre). Arguably Atonement is a hybrid genre – Romance/War Film (built sets, contextual background). Gosford Park, Room with a View
- Produced and Distributed by Working Title (UK) and Universal...