Viewing entries from category: Music Press Production
This is an additional Unit 2 brief - full details can be found on MediaEdu’s WJEC GCSE Media Studies controlled assessment admin and process resource.
Students need to produce three pieces of work from at least three media. ‘Media’ is interpreted as film, television, animated film, radio, magazines, music videos, websites, computer games, newspapers and advertising – not platforms.
- Two Textual Investigations on two media (one must be print...
Observations from AQA course on
The Music Press
Production Skills & Controlled Test Written Responses
1. Annotate designs
2. Use colour
3. Remember it’s a sketch for a professional to then complete
4. Ensure conventions are features including things like barcode, date, price, etc. or web conventions if you have the option to design a web page.
5. Make it clear and user friendly
6. Be aware of writing styles and register / mode of address
7. Avoid essay style responses....[ read full article ] »
Pre-Production and Planning for a Music Magazine
For this unit you are part of a multi-skilled team that plans to make a music related magazine for young adults aged 18 years and upwards. You will also need to advertise this magazine on radio, the internet and on TV - learning audio, visual and audio-visual skills. It will need to be heavy on visuals, glossy, and a midway price so that it is affordable by the target audience and makes them feel they...[ read full article ] »