Viewing entries from category: Machinima
- Open Gaming Quiz
- Click on the back button to return to MediaEdu when you’ve finished using the quiz.
Categories: GCSE, AQA GCSE, Games, Computer Games, Machinima, Video Games, Timeline, Key Concepts, Audience, Genre, Ideology, Institutions, Media Language, Narrative, Representation & Stereotyping, Hot Entries, New Media, Convergence, Digital Media, Integration, Internet, New Technologies, Synergy
- Unit 1: Investigating the Media (Promotion and Marketing of Video Games)
- Unit 2: Understanding the Media (Controlled Assessment)
- 2014 AQA GCSE Media Studies 2-Year Gaming Scheme.doc
- World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Case Study
- Minecraft Case Study
- Halo 4 Case Study
- Video Games Quiz
- Understanding Video Games
- An Introduction to Machinima
- OCR AS G322 Section B The Games Industry Case Study
- OCR AS G322 Section B The Games Industry Practice...
Categories: GCSE, AQA GCSE, Games, Computer Games, Machinima, Video Games, Timeline, Key Concepts, Audience, Genre, Ideology, Institutions, Media Language, Narrative, Representation & Stereotyping, Hot Entries, New Media, Convergence, Digital Media, New Technologies, Synergy, Other Topics, Iconography
Production and Distribution
Halo is a commercially successful, science fiction FPS game that was first developed in November 2001 for Microsoft X Box. Versions were developed for Windows and MAC OS X but fundamentally it now remains exclusive to the X Box 360, the second console developed by Microsoft and as such, has received critical success for being one of the best first person shooters on a video game console. Some gamers prefer the format and mode to the successful COD...[ read full article ] »
‘Diary Of A Camper’
Diary of a Camper is a short 1996 American film made using id Software’s 1996 first-person shooter computer game Quake. It was created by United Ranger Films, then a subdivision of a popular group of computer game players, or clan, known as the Rangers.
The film was first released over the Internet as a non-interactive game demo file.
The video is generally considered the first known example of machinima - the art of using real-time, virtual 3-D...[ read full article ] »